We are looking for
You! If you are an experienced product designer who is able to execute a research, state clear findings, set up a project vision and create new and innovative ideas. After presenting the ideas to the client, you will translate the ideas into concept designs with a suitable color, finish and material.
Our engineers, with whom you will work closely together, take care of further development in order to deliver production ready designs. Therefore you will be visiting manufacturers and get more insights on their set-up and production facilities.
What is in it for you
- A working environment in one of the biggest and most vibrant cities in the world, Shanghai
- Lots of freedom and a big responsibility due to direct contact with clients (retailers and manufacturers) all around the world
- The opportunity to see your designs in production and worldwide on the market within a short timeframe
- An energetic team with skilful people that ‘work hard and play hard’
What we do
Our unique approach and focus on creating value for the end-user is why we recently we have been gaining a strong design demand from clients to optimize and create new products. You will work on a big variety of projects related to categories such as consumer electronics, kitchenware, office supplies, toys and childcare and household and DYI tools.
The ideal candidate..
- Has a bachelor or masters degree in industrial design, product design, or a similar educational background
- Worked for at least 2 years in the design field
- Likes to do research to derive a vision which leads the client into the right direction
- Has excellent digital visualization skills
- Constantly aims to understand the end-user to create (more) value
- Created visual design languages and translated them into a detailed concept designs during former projects
- Has a strong affinity with color material finish and form
- Is a real team player who is able communicate smoothly with clients and colleagues
Additional advantages are
- Experience in embodiment design (You can identify yourself with this value if you are a prototype geek who makes 30 prototypes a day to get the correct fit of 2 parts right)
- Ability to use 3D and rendering software
- Writing and/or speaking skills in Chinese (mandarin)
- Enjoys having some Friday-afternoon-drinks with us!